duration 3 hours without counting the Pope’s Audience
Very early in the morning you will be able to attend the Pope’s Audience. Later, you will discover Vatican City with the guide and skip the line access of the Vatican Museums, where one of the greatest collections in the world of the classic and Renaissance art is exposed, between which they are , the Laocoon, the Apollo of the Belvedere, the galleries of the maps and the tapestries, works of Giotto and Caravaggio, the rooms of Rafaello and the wonderful Sistine Chapel, where you can admire the frescoes of the famous painter and sculptor Michelangelo Buonarroti.
Finally you will have privileged access to the St. Peter’s Basilica, avoiding waiting for another line. The visit ends inside the Basilica where you can stay the time you want. Don’t forget to admire the Pieta and the dome of Michelangelo, the Baldachin of Bernini, the tombs of the Popes and finally the St. Peter’s Square that was also projected by Gianlorenzo Bernini.
- Only Wednesdays you can include access to the Pope’s Audience (book the Vatican Tour with the Pope’s Audience)
- In order to access to the St. Peter’s Basilica and the Sistine Chapel, the shoulders and knees must be covered, both men and women.
- On rare occasions, the Holy See can close the St. Peter’s Basilica without prior notice, if this is the case, more time will be devoted to other parts of the tour.
- The student card will be indispensable to show it at the Vatican Museums’ entrance to obtain the reduced price (from 18 to 25 years).
- It is important to arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of the tour.
- In this type of tour you can not enter with a wheelchair. In this case we recommend a private tour, because the path of the tour will be different to the group tours.
- The security check at the Vatican Museums may take a few minutes.
- Large bags can not be brought in, they can be left in the cloakroom.
- Cancellation is free 7 days before the tour. If the cancellation is made with less time or if you do not show up, no refund will be offered.
Via Borgo Pio 190