duration 3 hours
The Vatican, officially Vatican City State, is one of the smallest states in the world. Its extent barely reaches 44 hectares, it’s equivalent to about 0.439 km2. The St. Peter’s Basilica and St. Peter’s Square, together represent 20% of the total extension. The St. Peter’s Basilica is the largest of the Christian churches in the world in terms of its interior space. The population is about 900 inhabitants. Its official language is Latin.
You will discover Vatican City whith the guide and skip the line access of the Vatican Museums where, you can find one of the largest collections in the world of classical and Renaissance art is exhibited, among which are the Laocoon, the Apollo of the Belvedere, the galleries of maps and tapestries, works of Giotto and Caravaggio, the rooms of Rafaello and the wonderful Sistine Chapel, where you can admire the frescoes of the famous painter and sculptor Michelangelo Buonarroti.
- Only Wednesdays you can include access to the Pope’s Audience (book the Vatican Tour with the Pope’s Audience)
- In order to access to the St. Peter’s Basilica and the Sistine Chapel, the shoulders and knees must be covered, both men and women.
- On rare occasions, the Holy See can close the St. Peter’s Basilica without prior notice, if this is the case, more time will be devoted to other parts of the tour.
- The student card will be indispensable to show it at the Vatican Museums’ entrance to obtain the reduced price (from 18 to 25 years).
- It is important to arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of the tour.
- In this type of tour you can not enter with a wheelchair. In this case we recommend a private tour, because the path of the tour will be different to the group tours.
- The security check at the Vatican Museums may take a few minutes.
- Large bags can not be brought in, they can be left in the cloakroom.
- Cancellation is free 7 days before the tour. If the cancellation is made with less time or if you do not show up, no refund will be offered.
Via Borgo Pio 190